What is Hotmail?
Hotmail was launched in 1996 and was the entire free electronic email organization. Built-up by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith, it was spelled as Hot-mail, putting “HTML” in the name’s feature from the outset. Microsoft got this mailing service in 1997. In August 2012, Microsoft rebuilt this service and renamed the organization to Outlook.com.
More About Hotmail UK
When Hotmail first launched, Microsoft picked up the email organization, There customers were similarly enabled a plan and to save contact records in an area book. Customers could choose to pay an enrollment cost to update their account.
When you take a look at the new features, you will notice that the ability to view, edit, and share documents through an online interface is holding a prominent place. On the other hand, Hotmail uk is providing you with increased attachment size as well.
Let’s deep dive and take a look at some of the most outstanding features that come on your way. Then you can start using it.
Hotmail is one of the most secure email clients available as of now. That’s because you will be able to get enhanced protection from phishing attacks. On the other hand, HTTPS would be maintained throughout the entire session as well.
View, edit and share the documents
The online version of Microsoft Office is available to you when you create a free Microsoft account. Hence, you don’t have to download the documents and edit them. You can use the online editor to edit the documents and share them directly through Hotmail. You feel great with the support that comes your way while editing and sharing the PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Excel Spreadsheets.
Real-time collaboration on documents
Another impressive feature offered along with this is that two people will collaborate on the same document using the email client. Here, the document will be stored in One Drive. You can access it and collaborate with someone at a given time.
Send large attachments
Now you can upload files up to 10GB and send them as attachments in Hotmail. Here, you will be uploading the file to your One Drive. Then you are providing an access URL to the other person to download that attachment. The URL will be present in the email. You can get a free space of 25GB from One Drive for managing all these large attachments. It is shared with the other files you store on the cloud.
Create Hotmail UK Account
You can sign up for your account from this link https://outlook.live.com. The below steps are very easy to follow to sign up for a Hotmail.com account.
- Open official website from here: https://www.hotmail.co.uk.
- Click on the ‘Create Free Account’ button. Now, the form for a new email address appears on the screen.
- Enter a new or unique Email Address.
- Create a unique and secure password. (Use some special Characters to make secure)
- Now, type your First name and Last name.
- Enter your country and birth date. Enter all your valid information that is required and click next.
- Solve a puzzle to prove that you are a human, not a robot.
Now you have successfully created a new Hotmail UK account.
Steps For Hotmail Login UK on PC
If you are on PC, you can look at the following steps to log into your account.
- You can navigate to the sign-in page of Hotmail. This Sign-in page is accessible via hotmail uk website.
- Secondly, you can enter the your email address. You also have the option to enter your phone number and login.
- You will be asked to enter your password. After entering the password, click on the Sign-in button, and you will be able to get into your Hotmail uk inbox.
- You can select the Keep me signed in the checkbox and save your password on the browser. The next time you visit this website, you will not have to enter the password manually browser will pick up your password automatically.
Log in to Hotmail UK on Mobile phone
Follow the steps given below to sign in to your account.
- Open Hotmail UK website from official hotmail uk website.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Write down the email address of your Microsoft account.
- Click ‘Next.’
- Enter your account password correctly and mind the letters’ case because the password is case sensitive field.
- After writing the correct password, click ‘Sign in’ or press enter.
If you want to login to Hotmail UK account on your mobile phone, you have two main options available to consider. The first option out of them is to use the internet browser of your mobile phone. If you are using your mobile phone’s internet browser, the steps you should follow would be identical to the previously mentioned steps.
The second option is to download Outlook mobile app and use it to log into your www.Hotmail.co.uk account. You can find the Outlook mobile app on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. You can take a look at the online store and access the app. Then you can proceed to the next stage to download it.
After you download the app, you should enter the email address and the password. Then you can load the app. The app will automatically save your password. Hence, you will not have to enter the password each time you want to check your emails. On the other hand, it will provide you with notifications on the emails you receive to your account in real-time.
Hotmail UK Sign-in Issues
If you face issues with signing into your Hotmail account, make sure that you follow these steps. Then you will be able to troubleshoot the problem and stay away from facing it.
Make sure that you are entering the correct password. If you don’t remember the password, you can recover it. There is a URL available to you saying “Forgot my password” to click and recover. When you click on this, support will send a code to your registered mobile phone as an SMS or your recovery email address as an email. You can enter that six-digit code and create a new password for the account.
If you notice that you cannot load the Hotmail login UK page, you need to switch to a different internet network. Or else, you can even change the computer. You can then make sure that the problem is not with the computer or internet network you are using.
Always ensure that you don’t leave anything blank when you are trying to sign in to your account.
Some of the plugins that you have installed to Hotmail might keep you away from logging into the email client. In such a situation, you will need to take a look at all the plugins that you have installed. When you go through the plugins list, you will figure out the exact plugin causing issues.
Go through these steps, and you will overcome the Sign-in issue you have with the Hotmail account.